CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

September 16, 2007

Introductions

There are five of us in the house, and despite heavy campaigning by the two eldest children, we are neither having a baby nor getting a dog in the near future.

"Mermaid Princess" is 4 and a half
"The Flash" is 3 and almost a half
"JackJack" is 1 and a half
"Big E" is 33 - oops, no, he's 34 now.
And I am 29, for the 7th time.

Photos to come, but if I wait to have all my photos together to post this first blog, who knows when it will happen? In fact, I'm proud of myself for going ahead and posting without the full blog treatment. I've been trying to live by my new motto - one given to me as pep-talk for perfectionists...

"If it's worth doing, it's worth doing poorly -- as long as it gets done."

Not a statement anyone will read in a 'success book', but it has been a blessing to me (and my family) as I start to put it into effect. It's hard for me to leave something at 80 or 90% of what I know it could be... but since that last 10% often seems to take as much time as the original 90%, I'm learning to let it go in favor of delighting in the relationships around me. Pray for me!

3 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Pip,

I like your attitude! It is realistic and encouraging. Good job on the blog. I will warn you though, it can beeome addictive. You will be living life and you'll think---"oh boy I need to put this ont he blog!" LOL

Hugs,
Kim

The Curly Redhead said...

Too late! Mermaid Princess said the cutest thing at dinner. Dan looked at me and said, "That one goes on the blog!" LOL

Anonymous said...

Dear That one goes on the Blog,
you can always go to the site: www.thelastpageontheinternet.com and if that doesn't work, I'm sure Bloggers Anonymous can help.
Otherwise, keep posting, I'm reading!
ooooo(hugs&love)
Nee Nee