CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

September 25, 2007

Girl, Uninterrupted

I just got back from a four day trip to Orlando for a Mommy conference. The conference was great - good content, great speakers, fabulous music. But none of it held a candle to the hours and hours and hours of conversation with girlfriends. Some were friends I've had for a little while, some became new friends by the sheer amount of talking we did. 32 hours of chat will help get you up to speed on a girl's life.

I was shocked to realize how thirsty we all seemed for this kind of conversation. I thought I was the only one! But with little guys underfoot, every conversation seems to end with, "Oh. Uh oh. Okay, I gotta go. I'll catch you later."

I am so blessed to have a husband who loves to talk. Big E.'s parents have commented (more than once) that we talk more in a day than they do in a week.

But I'm beginning to get that much as I adore my husband, he has to work to really understand me. And vice versa.

But these women, they got it -- without five analogies or 3 different approaches. Nope, they got it before I even finished the sentence.

I have heard and I have been heard. And for some reason, that makes all the difference.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Yup, I'm reading your blog...thanks for sharing. Boy, am I really bummed that I wasn't with you at the conference. I LOVE some good girlfriend conversation.
Check out my blog at http://thearnoldarchives.blogspot.com
See you tomorrow,
Katie A.

Katie said...

I hear you girl. I too am longing for that conversation. Especially now that I am am watching Ethan every day. Maybe it is time for another girls night...

3 Peanuts said...

Wish I had ben there too:) Sounds like it was wonderful


Kim

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of a Mommy conference. Are there many of them? Did this one have a specific focus that made you decide to go?

--
LittleSis