CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

September 28, 2007

Living in the Presence of the Undead

7 posts and I haven't even touched on any of things included in our header. Over the next few days, I'll try to give a brief (somewhere my sister is snorting - brief is not my strong suit) take on how each of those things plays out in our lives.

Big E. was born an entrepreneur - he comes from an entrepreneurial family - and he, at heart, is an entrepreneur. He loves the creativity and energy of the start-up environment. (Kenneth Cole once said that nothing provokes creativity like a budget and time restraints. I agree.) Anyway, Dan thrives there... which means we'll never be wealthy but my husband will always be excited and passionate about his work and tend to have a lot of flexibility in his schedule. I'll take it!

Our current business is limping along... it's sort of an undead business. It's not really deceased, but it's not really alive either. We do have a meeting with an investor this weekend, and for once, I have great peace about it. Not a protection wall (I will NOT get my hopes up) and not a build-up of excitement (This HAS to be the one), but just a steady, peaceful calm. I don't know if it's because of this particular investor or if I've just grown a lot in this process, but either way, "peace like a river" is turning out to be a lovely experience.

In the meantime, I am back to working on mission statements, resumes, and all the other varied business stuff I do with and for Big E. that remind me that once upon a time, I had a brain that worked on more than just "When am I going to fit that phone call in around school, laundry, snack and our walk around the neighborhood?"

I pray that the Lord will grow His peace in your heart over whatever is causing you anxiety today!

1 comments:

LiveDog said...

As I just put it in an email to another entrepreneur, livedog right now has only three legs, one eye, and the tail is missing. Still answers to the name "lucky" and teh stump is wagging. Not really sure how, but the peacefulness of the curly haired redheaded mommy has breathed new life into aforementioned pup.