CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

May 2, 2008

Getting a little C & C

Two exchanges with Mermaid Princess in the last couple of days that have kept me on my toes...

MP: Mommy, it was raining on DuckDuck and icy rain and she got cold and then she slipped and fell and she got hurt!

Me: Goodness! Where were you when she slipped and fell?

MP: I was doing chores. And we need to talk about that.

Photo by Kim Swales. Thank you, Kim!

MP: I was just having a nice dream that I was the mommy and you were the kid.

Me: That does sound like a nice dream. Are you a nice mommy?

MP: Well............. you wouldn't get what you want. You would only get choices and consequences.

I'm not sure what to make of those, but I'm sure of one thing... we are on the edge of another big cognitive development leap. Lord, make me wise as the questions and situations arise!

0 comments: