CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

April 20, 2008

Signs of spring

Well, we received the Chambers family "Official Declaration of Spring" this week.


That's right, it's the first sunburn of the season. (I'm not sure what the inside out shirt is all about, but since we were planting trees, it seemed just as well.)

So, for our freckle-faced, red-headed family, we now begin the official weather check (over 70 and sunny= sunscreen). I've learned that if I don't do this as part of our getting dressed routine, some one inevitably sneaks out before I can get to them.

Poor kids - they've inherited rough genes. I've had several allergic reactions to sunburns in my life as well as probably about 40 moles removed for being pre-cancerous... so even though I STILL find it hard to believe that sun rays are that dangerous, I certainly don't want any of them to share that fate.

SPF 50, anyone?

0 comments: