CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

April 20, 2008

But not the rest of the week

Flash tickled my funny bone this morning with his own special rendition of a church classic...

I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus down in my heart,
Down in my heart, down in my heart.
I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus down in my heart,
Down in my heart Tuesday.

(Photo by Melissa at www.blessedwithtwoboys.blogspot.com You'll see on her site - she takes the best pictures!)

It's one of the tougher parts of parenthood to wildly clap and applaud and be generally encouraging when what you WANT to do is laugh until tears squeeze out the corners of your eyes. Thank goodness Flash repeated it to his father so we could enjoy the joke together.

And - for the official record - I am NOT one to talk. Big E. now pauses when I start to sing a song just to catch the strange rewording I will do - if it's not a song I've committed to memory, you can guarantee it will have a new meaning by the time I'm done with it. I have never yet gotten the words to a song right if I have not practiced it at least 60 times.

(And THAT takes us back to that border collie thing. A song that catches my fancy will be played over, verse by verse, well, let's just say, often enough to drive any normal person close to the edge of madness. I tend to save this for solo drives to the grocery store.)

1 comments:

Heather said...

Ha ha! Boy, can I relate to this one!
It reminds me of the story Adam tells of when he was younger and sang the song Rhinestone Cowboy and he thought "waffles were comin' over the phone"
Google the lyrics, you'll find NO breakfast items were, in fact, in that song!
Thanks for the chuckle.
hp