CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

April 7, 2008

March 16!

Wow, it has been a long time since I posted. How did it get to be April 7th already?

First, I was an obsessed woman over making Easter gifts for all the moms in my MOPS group. Easter is my favorite day of the year, and I just couldn't let it go by without some sort of gift.

My friend, Clare, is an incredible stamp artist. Before this year, I always thought that handmade cards were created just to add more guilt to the busy mom. But having been the recipient of so many beautiful cards this year (mostly from ladies under Clare's tutelage), I have really come to cherish receiving these little pieces of art filled with personal thought (both in the art and the note).

A few if the cards I've received this year (on the shelf in Supper Club)

Here's a few more. I just LOVE them, particularly for the sweet messages in them.

So I tried my hand at making magnets that celebrate Easter for my MOPS group. After many false starts, I came up with something close to the image I had in my head. There were a few different versions, but this is the general idea:

Scripture is from Matthew,
the "He Is Risen" is mounted on foam
and the rock adds a cool 3D touch that's highly appropriate for the message.

Anyway, I'm sure God would have preferred for me to spend a little less time on this and a little more time with Him in the days leading up to Easter, but I had become a girl on a mission. Fortunately, even now when I see mine on my fridge, I grin at the joy of figuring this out and being able to make a gift of love for each of those precious women.

Tomorrow, I'll share what happened on Easter that kept me from posting for the next week (plus). Stay tuned!

1 comments:

Clare said...

Dear Pip,

I think all of the cards look wonderful! I think you have your own special talent. Thank you for the Easter verse. It was beautiful! Love, Clare