CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

April 18, 2008

On men and dogs.... sort of

I don't have time to post on my own family, but this article does a great job explaining some things about my husband that I've always wondered. My favorite kind of article - funny(!!!), informative, personal and true.

And just for gratuitous fun, there are some pictures of our good friends' new dog below. For the record, if we ever get a dog, it will be a Golden Retriever, particularly since it shares Big E.'s personality. If it was dependent on my personality, we'd be getting a border collie or a malamute or some other work-obsessed dog, and one of us is enough for this family.

Some other day, I'll post on how finding out my dog personality changed my life. Here are some of the quotes from the two dogs whose personalities are most like mine:

Border Collie: If not given work to do, the Border Collie will become badly behaved.
They are the leaders and motivators of the dog world.

Malamute: The malamute is built to work well within a team, and its friendliness makes it unsuitable for a watchdog, but brave enough to pull 110% of the load.

I'm not so sure about the 110% of the load comment, but the bad behavior and unsuitable watchdog stuff is dead on! Want to see your dog personality? Click here. (You do NOT have to sign up with the website to take the test!) And please let me know what you are in the comments below!

Presenting: Lucy, Duchess of Heffalump. Adorable.

5 comments:

Viewer said...

I am border collie and malamute too! Jody

LiveDog said...

So I turned to TCR (The Curly Redhead) and asked "umm...what about that article you linked to explained some things about me? It's a woman writing about other women. And, to the best of my knowledge I've never been a woman." And...she had linked to the wrong article! I wasn't crazy! This time!

Read the correct link, its a hoot.

Anonymous said...

I'm a border collie and malamute, too. Our dog, Buddy, is part Border Collie part Heeler - both working dogs and he DOES become badly behaved when he doesn't get enough "work" (chasing his tennis ball!) Hope you're great - miss you. We check this often for pictures and stories! Melissa W

Amy said...

I'm a golden retriever and labrador retriever. So funny... those are exactly the types of dogs I have always wanted for my family!

Anonymous said...

TCR - I love seeing the pictures of the kids and hearing of their antics. Thanks for taking the time to blog for us! I'm the same - - border collie and malamute!
Auntie Ann