CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

December 27, 2007

Angels we have heard...

on high. And if we aren't listening, this particular angel will TAKE US OUT!!!

Since the Christmas pageant at church a week before Christmas, Mermaid Princess has taken to putting on her converted-from- fairy-to-angel wings, putting my embroidery hoop on her head, and making "pronouncements."

But by far, this has been my favorite exchange of this holiday season:

Mermaid Princess (floating in from the family room): "I have good tightings."
Flash doesn't look up from his coloring.
Mermaid Princess: I SAID, "I have good tightings!"
Flash determinedly does not look up.
MP (hands and wand on hips): Excuse me. You're the shepherd.
Flash: No, I'm not.
MP (stepping aggressively toward her shepherd): Yes, you are! And I'm the angel!
Flash (throwing his hands over his ears and trying to run for it): I'm not listening!
MP (full shepherd body tackle in the hallway): THE BABY JESUS IS HERE!
Flash (crawling out from under the angel): I'm not listening! I'm not listening!
MP (clinging to her shepherd's shirt): I'M THE ANGEL! I'M THE ANGEL WITH GOOD TIGHTINGS!
Mommy: Honey, I think you have a reluctant shepherd.
MP (getting up, helping her shepherd): Well, at least he fell to the ground when I showed up.

Somehow, I don't think this is quite the image Matthew and Luke were trying to convey.

Happy New Year - we hope you have a year full of "good tightings" - keep us posted!

0 comments: