CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

December 27, 2007

Angels we have heard...

on high. And if we aren't listening, this particular angel will TAKE US OUT!!!

Since the Christmas pageant at church a week before Christmas, Mermaid Princess has taken to putting on her converted-from- fairy-to-angel wings, putting my embroidery hoop on her head, and making "pronouncements."

But by far, this has been my favorite exchange of this holiday season:

Mermaid Princess (floating in from the family room): "I have good tightings."
Flash doesn't look up from his coloring.
Mermaid Princess: I SAID, "I have good tightings!"
Flash determinedly does not look up.
MP (hands and wand on hips): Excuse me. You're the shepherd.
Flash: No, I'm not.
MP (stepping aggressively toward her shepherd): Yes, you are! And I'm the angel!
Flash (throwing his hands over his ears and trying to run for it): I'm not listening!
MP (full shepherd body tackle in the hallway): THE BABY JESUS IS HERE!
Flash (crawling out from under the angel): I'm not listening! I'm not listening!
MP (clinging to her shepherd's shirt): I'M THE ANGEL! I'M THE ANGEL WITH GOOD TIGHTINGS!
Mommy: Honey, I think you have a reluctant shepherd.
MP (getting up, helping her shepherd): Well, at least he fell to the ground when I showed up.

Somehow, I don't think this is quite the image Matthew and Luke were trying to convey.

Happy New Year - we hope you have a year full of "good tightings" - keep us posted!

0 comments: