CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

December 19, 2007

Peep peep

Okay, so this craft will have to be repeated nearer to Easter. See, we were reading about chicks in our Animals Animals book by Eric Carle and it seemed appropriate to make little chicks of our own (and I had all the materials in-house already!)

On a side note, we saw Eric Carle on Mr. Rogers this week reading Brown Bear and the kids were amazed to see that he was a real person. Mermaid Princess promptly wrote him a letter.

Anyway, the photo above is of our new duckling, just hatched in the nest...

And here is our baby swan...

Should it worry me that, given the entire set of markers, Flash will always choose to color things in black?

Flowers, ponies, kittens, rainbows, dragons...
All black.

But his favorite color is green.






(Also, as I look at these photos, I am realizing that we started this project to make baby chicks, and neither child ended up with one. This philosophy -- "rules are only guidelines"-- is from their father. I, myself, am a recovering rule follower.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Carter is still in his "black" phase! I loved his preschool project last year..."name your favorite color of the rainbow!". I'm sure they wondered, but I knew it would be black.

The Curly Redhead said...

I'm looking forward to the day when pictures drawn of our house and yard don't always have threatening storm clouds hovering overhead :-)