CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

September 16, 2008

Play 'n play

Today's title is JackJack's word for clay, as in "Mommy, can we do play 'n play today?" For my own record, I would like to note that he never says "play and play" without also doing the sign language for 'game'. Which now has me confused between the sign for game and play - which are really nothing alike.

Army tank, complete with crayon barrel

Thanks to my sweet friend, Heather P., who clued me into recovering my mealtime sanity. She introduced me to the 5pm art project... setting the kids up to do some sort of artistic creation while I finish up dinner. Kids are close by, occupied, and content. I'm not interfering in their creations as I have an infuriating tendency to do ("But what would happen if you put the boat here on the water instead of in the middle of all those cows?"). And boy, do they scramble to clean up the family room as a precursor to getting on their smocks.

Daddy and MP sitting under a palm tree

MP with her creation

For my part, once I'm in kitchen clean up mode, adding a couple of paintbrushes or some cookies cutters to the dishes ain't no big deal.

JackJack with his turtle. Good thing he told me what it is.

Kids having a blast, Mommy enjoying them as they show her each new brushstroke, and general joy in the kitchen at 5:30pm. Who'd've known? (Okay, besides Heather...)

1 comments:

Leighann said...

I also had this tip from a friend and think it's one of the best pieces of advice I've ever been given.