CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

February 21, 2009

Spring forth

I have changed the background here yet again. The bicycle was driving me crazy, and as Big E. kept pointing out, "You don't like bicycles. You really, REALLY don't like bicycles."

It's true. I have a Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes type relationship with bicycles. I've done things that could easily have resulted in death or dismemberment about 10 times in my life. Five of them involve bicycles. My sister graciously took this instrument of death away from me where she has somehow tamed it to behave under her gracious care (only not right now, I hope, because she 20-some weeks pregnant. It may recognize her more fragile condition and turn on her!)

Anyway, I mostly changed it because I am desperate for spring. DESPERATE for spring. In an effort to save money, we have kept the thermostat at 64 degrees this winter. My everyday 'uniform' involves at least three shirts and a fleece jacket, often with a scarf around my neck. That's for INSIDE. I don't prefer to venture outside for fear that I might not warm up for the rest of the day.

I need spring to be here. I need it to arrive over night. But in the meantime, I'm surrounding myself with green and yellow and thinking "Buds and blossoms and bees, oh my!"

3 comments:

Tam said...

The bicycle is in temporary retirement. As much as I loved riding it, it was never a perfect fit for me. Now that I'm pregnant it's impossible. Dac and I bought me a new bike a few weeks ago because I didn't want to give up riding altogether during this and future pregnancies, especially since Dac is now riding on a regular basis.

Cindy Hersman said...

...and no more winter cooties! I miss you and need to call back when the chaos ceases!

Leighann said...

i hate bicycles too!