CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

February 4, 2009

Central Casting

There are a few milestones I have eagerly awaited in my mothering journey...

For Mermaid Princess to hopefully love to do crafts so we could do them together (this has begun).

For each child to fall in love with reading (one down, two to go).

For that first great family game of soccer (should be soon).

But today was a HUGE one:

"Mommy, let's put on a play!"

Mermaid Princess has written the play, about how a princess is stolen from her family on her wedding day by an evil dragon and has to be rescued by her brave knight.

The play is written and the parts cast. I did plead to be the dragon, but was rejected on the grounds that I was needed to be the queen. Jack Jack is to be the dragon, only he doesn't want to be a dragon, he wants to be a ghost, so the play has been re-written to accommodate this contractual clause.

Today, we went to work on sets. Tomorrow, we'll get costumes and rehearse. And then our opening night performance for our very own knight-in-shining armor: Daddy.

I do have opening night jitters, for I fear that this director will be tougher on me than any I ever had in New York.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Such precious memories are being made! I can't wait to hear how the show went!

shaka said...

That's SO COOL!!! Didn't we used to do that? Can't wait to see you guys next week!

Bev Whipkey said...

Be sure to let us know how the performance goes. I'm sure you'll be a smashing success. BREAK A LEG!

Kristen said...

Hey there! So adorable:-)