CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

February 29, 2008

Malaprops

Here are my current favorite words from my trusty trio.

JackJack: Pepperpony (pepperoni)

Flash: Blessoscope (stethoscope)

Mermaid Princess: 46 20 3 and a half (anytime I ask her how much she thinks we could charge for her artwork)

Big E.: To this day, he will call a quiet person a "shirking violet". How awful to be simply an introverted personality and get accused of a lack of work ethic! He does say it with that pained look of knowing he's wrong but helpless to fix it...


As for me, well, those of you who are around me a lot, post your favorite curly redhead blooper for all to enjoy. (E., Sis and Bro, you are limited to one each!)

4 comments:

Tam said...

I'm having a hard time choosing one for you, so I'm going to post one of our mother's instead. We had just moved to the new house, and she was so happy to have a separate living room and family room. Finally! She had a living room that could stay nice and neat and formal. What happens? Two days after the move the three kids are rough-housing in the living room. Mum walked in, so riled up that she could hardly speak. "There will be no... no... _horse-feathers_ in my living room!" It was a very effective way to get us to stop rough-housing -- we were laughing so hard that we could hardly breathe. Even she couldn't keep from laughing.

Ahh... I love my family.

shaka said...

I still think about the joys of horse feathers.

--littlebro

shaka said...

I am also struggling to come up with one for you. However, my wife DID tell me she vacuumed "overneath" a blanket just this afternoon...

So that's pretty cool.

The Curly Redhead said...

I think the one that still makes me blush was the first time I used the word "Melancholy". I'd read it a whole bunch but never actually used it in a sentence. So the first time I used it, I said, "Well, she sure is 'Me-LANK-oh-lee' today.

Pause in the room.

Followed by convulsive laughter from all onlookers.

I STILL think it sounds more like what it means that way.