CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

November 20, 2007

The pen is mightier...

I come from a family of readers. Big E. and I are both crazy readers. In fact, we are such avid readers that in our goals as parents, we had only three rock bottom things we knew we wanted to accomplish.


1. That the kids have a solid foundation in Christ - what they choose to do with it will, of course, be up to them, but we will have done the part God has asked us to do.

2. The kids are in heads up mode when choosing spouses - that we teach them that marriage is work, and to understand themselves well enough to understand what is important to them in a spouse. And that marriage doesn't make you complete - the right spouse, however, makes the journey a lot more fun.

3. And finally, that they love to read. Books have broadened my experiences, taught me new skills, honed my mind, sustained me, inspired me, provided rest, provided motivation... it is a tremendous gift, to love to read and to be able to do it without struggle. I am so thankful that I am married to a reader, and doubly thankful that it seems to be a generation of readers coming up alongside us!

These were taken today after we learned our new spelling words, Mermaid Princess read me a story, and we played a game. I sent them off to go have some well deserved goof off time, and came around the corner 15 minutes later to find them all in the family room doing this. Be still, my heart...

0 comments: