CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

June 11, 2008

Overwhelmed... the good way

Thank you. Whoever you are, thank you. What you provided for us made all the difference between scrambling over every decision and actually having a weekend away with my sweet husband.

No, we didn't get a puppy. Those in the know will know.

Our family has been the recipients of so many gracious gifts in the past year. Aargh! Even as I type this, my eyes are welling up again as I think of all the generosity that has been lavished on us.

My friend who suddenly pieced together that I hadn't bought clothes for myself for a year and ran out to get me a few pieces to get me through the season.

The friend who so lovingly handed down bags and bags of beautiful clothes for my boys (Flash and JackJack have the best collection of pajamas ever collected in the free world, I'm convinced).

My sister and her husband who have lovingly provided the little gifts that restore the spirit when the going gets tough.

Our church family who has provided the resources for us to educate our children (the big kids are both reading, by the way! JackJack insists he can too, but his comprehension skills are not quite there.)

The friend who booked me a spot at the salon with her fabulous hairdresser to provide a restoration of the body AND the spirit. I promise I'll go soon!

To my MOPS family who spoiled my children incredibly at Christmas and made a Christmas tree possible.

The owner of Wild Wings who has stopped by and dropped off dinner to us on occasion, just to help out.

And my parents and in-laws who have been supportive in every imaginable way.

I have said to Big E. over and over again - I should write a book about being the wife of an entrepreneur, so that every family who has made this choice can be prepared and know that they are not the only ones who have traveled this path. And so that they too can be open to being blessed.

I've realized that we all want to be part of a village - but I have learned this past year that villages only truly come together when someone needs help and the rest of the village can rally to their side.

To each and every family, woman, and prayer partner who has rallied to our side... thank you. You have made a kingdom difference in our lives. The joy is: we are not indebted to you.

But boy, we are so grateful for your love.

0 comments: