CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

June 16, 2008

Fare thee well

This post is way overdue.

Partly, I think, because I'm still in denial that Amy has really moved away. Double denial since she moved to a home around the corner from my brother-in-law. Somehow, this seems unfair to me - that my in-laws should be so close and not even care, while I am now far and care tremendously.

The morning of our surprise trip to Kings Dominion
Amy is third from the left.


I have had many friends in my life (and been one) that helped me justify whatever course of action I have taken or wanted to take. There is a time and place for that, but in my case, the kind of friends I really need are the ones who say, "Hmmm... I think you have the wrong perspective on that." (I get my perspective out of whack quite a lot.)

Final photo from that very long, very fun day

Amy has been this kind of friend. She wants what's truly best for me, even when it isn't what I want for me. She is a great mom, a great wife, and a very real person. I love being with Amy because she gets that I'm a work-in-progress and it's good with her, because she's a work-in-progress too.

(On a side note, we got our husbands' together just 10 days before they moved. And Big E. must have said 10 times in the next 3 days, "Man, that stinks that they're moving. I really like that guy.")

Amy, I'm trusting God that He will provide the means and the motivation to keep us connected. Thank you for your prayers over our family and know that we have you covered too!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am missing you already. (I have to admit that I didn't realize I was so disagreeable though!)Please keep in touch. And when you are in the area,you and your family are always welcome for dinner! Love ya, my friend.