CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

January 15, 2009

Alive! Alive! Alive, Hallelujah! Alive, praise and glory...

Oh goodness... well, we're still alive. In fact, I think we are all better than ever. And I've stored up a treasure trove of funny stories to post on here. I'm scared I'll forget them if I don't get them in here soon.

I'm not sure why I took this long break. I think I needed to clarify for myself why I'm blogging, what it means to me, and when that was clear, I could then decide how much time and dedication to allot to it.

For instance, if this spot is just meant to be a humorous little place to record the goings-on of life, well, that has it's place, but I'm certainly not going to stay up past my (new) bedtime to get it done.

But after much reflecting and spending the last week pouring over blogs, mostly blogs dealing with homeschooling, I think I've realized the purpose of the blog in my life. It forces me to meditate a little bit more about what is taking place in our family, like a journal. In fact, I think, in place of a journal.

And so, be prepared, for I think this blog is about to take on a new feel. I still want to capture the precious moments so that they are preserved for my dotage... but this will also be a place where I ruminate and wrangle.

In blunt terms, this blog is no longer being written for anyone but me. I hope you continue to enjoy it, I certainly do, and I hope that what I'm working on in my life helps someone in theirs. However, this is now my place to capture my "Aha" moments because in these past few months of no blogging (or journaling for that matter), I've noticed that the 'Ahas' slip away into the land of missing puzzle pieces if they don't get recorded.

Aha!

Wishing you all peace beyond measure and grace beyond understanding in the new year...

5 comments:

Katie said...

SOOO glad you're back!! I was afraid you were gone for good. I look forward to reading in the months to come.
I've been thinking lately about the purpose of my blog, too and why I am doing it and does anyone really care to read all this stuff?? But, it's therapeutic for me and like you said, a way to journal...my only way at this point.
Love to you!

Leighann said...

Yeah! What a pleasant surprise that the Curly Redhead is back online. Can't wait to hear all the serious and funny things you have to say. I love that I will again have a little window into how my friend is doing.

Jennifer said...

Who doesn't love some good ruminating and wrangling? So glad to see you back!

Viewer said...

Glad you are back! I was a little concerned!

Bev Whipkey said...

Glad to see you're back. All stories from mothers trigger thoughts/flashbacks, etc. from other moms, so fire away...and know that we ENJOY...no matter what!